Australian Consulate-General
Noumea, New Caledonia
French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna

Travelling to Australia

Immigration and Border Protection (Visas-Citizenship-Customs)

The Australian Consulate-General in Noumea does not process visa or citizenship applications.

Information on visas, citizenship and border protection (including customs) is available from the Australian Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs).


Driving in Australia

Information on driving and licence regulations in Australia, can be found on  Transport and Licences in Australia

You can obtain an international driving licence from the relevant authorities in your country (New Caledonia - Direction des Infrastructures, de la Topographie et des Transports Terrestres / French Polynesia – Direction des Transports Terrestres).


Biosecurity and Quarantine

Australian Biosecurity and Quarantine control luggage and parcels in ports and airports in Australia.  

For further information, please follow the link to the Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.


Jobs in Australia

The Australian Consulate-General is not able to assist people in finding employment in Australia. 

A number of websites may be able to assist you.


Back from Australia

If you require a certified copy of your passport as proof of exit from Australia, the consular section of the Australian Consulate-General may be able to provide you with this service.  For further information, please follow the link Notarial Services, including witnessing, certifying issuing legal documents.

You may also request an International movement records from the Australian Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) .



Plan your trip with the official Tourism Australia website.

For sporting and entertainment events 


For any other information, please check out our Useful Links.