Australian Consulate-General
New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna

Australian Passports Services


For consular assistance to Australian citizens, please call +687 27 24 14 (after hours, follow the prompts to be connected to the 24/7 Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra, also contactable outside our office hours, in Australia on 1300 555 135 or from overseas on +61 2 6261 3305).


All Australian passport applications lodged overseas must be lodged at your nearest  Australian diplomatic mission and additional overseas fees apply. If you lodge your passport application with another mission, you may be at risk of further delays, including for the delivery of your passport, and associated costs as new passports are automatically sent to the post where they were lodged and redirections cannot be easily facilitated. Please ensure you check with the relevant Australian Diplomatic mission for up-to-date fees in local currency and requirements and whether you need to make an appointment.

At the Australian Consulate-General in Noumea, applications are accepted on appointment only.  The Passport section of the Australian Consulate-General in Noumea is open to the public, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm (except public holidays), for information.

For further information please consult the Australian passport website including for dual Australian nationals who must travel to and from Australia on their Australian passport (Dual nationals leaving and returning to Australia. Which passport should you use? | Australian Passport Office and Travelling as a dual citizen (


Children applications

Applying for an Australian passport

Mailed-in adult applications

Urgent travel

Delivery Timeframe for full validity passports


Documents written in languages other than English

Important links



Children applications

Please note that child applications should be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for the child. The parent or person lodging the application is not required to be an Australian citizen, but will need to bring photographic proof of their own identity to the appointment. Child applicants aged 16 or 17 must also attend the lodgement interview.  Children under the age of 16 do not have to attend the lodgement interview.

As of 1 January 2016, child applicants aged 16 or 17 are issued with a 10-year passport instead of the five-year passport currently issued to children under 16. Applications must still include parental consent, and they must be personally lodged by the applicant together with a parent. The application fee is the adult fee but the overseas surcharge is the child rate.

To apply for a passport

1. Complete your form online at
2. Print the completed application form, sign within the signature box and date
3. Obtain two passport photos (see photo requirements),
4. Contact us to lodge your application by appointment. Bring your signed form, photos, fee payment, most recently issued passport and any other necessary original documentation (as listed on the application form) to your appointment.


Mailed-in adult applications

You may be eligible to lodge your adult one-page passport renewal form by mail if you are 18 years or over and hold a passport that:

  • was issued when you were aged 16 or older
  • was issued on or after 1 January 2006
  • had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
  • has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
  • has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.

Guide for adult renewal application (PC7) by mail:

1. Complete your renewal application form online for a mailed-in application

  • The application must be lodged within six months of completion

2. Print and sign your application form for mail-in

  • Print your application on plain white A4 paper, using blank ink only. Make sure your form has printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page.
  • US standard letter paper or US legal paper sizes are also acceptable, but only if they’re scaled properly. Refer to more information on printing your application form
  • Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.

3. Photos for mailed-in applications

  • Two recent identical colour photos, less than six months old with your full name written on the back of one photo. Refer to photo guidelines for more information
  • Do NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them

4. Payment for mailed-in applications

5. Check your adult renewal checklist for mailed-in application

  • Before posting your application, review your adult renewal checklist
  • There is no need for you to include your current passport or provide a photocopy of your current passport biodata page with you application

6. Post your mail-in application

  • Post your application here:
    Consulat Général d’Australie Nouméa / Australian Consulate-General Noumea
    BP 22
    98845 Noumea Cedex

7. How long will it take to process and receive the new passport under a mailed-in application?

  • Please allow a minimum of six weeks to receive a new passport once payment has been taken. PLEASE NOTE incomplete applications will cause delays.

If you don’t meet these above criteria, you’ll need to lodge your application in person by appointment only.


Urgent Travel

If you have urgent travel, you may be eligible to apply for a limited validity emergency passport to facilitate your urgent travel. Check with us on applicable conditions and timeframes.


Delivery Timeframe for full validity passports

The Australian Passport Office (APO) is currently seeing strong demand for passports. For this reason, it is advising its customers to apply for or renew their passport well ahead of their planned travel dates. The APO is therefore recommending, at least for now, that passport applicants allow a minimum of six (6) weeks to get a new passport or to renew one.



From 3 April 2017, passport fees are payable only by credit or debit card (American Express is not accepted), in Pacific Francs (XPF). 

All passport applications lodged overseas incur an additional overseas surcharge fee for adults (including seniors) and children.

As of 1 January 2016, application fees applicable to child applicants aged 16 or 17 are the adult fee and the additional overseas surcharge fee is the child rate.

The additional overseas fee does not apply to emergency passports. 

These overseas fees are indexed annually. Please contact us for current fees converted to Pacific francs (XPF).


Documents written in languages other than English

Please note documents written in languages other than English must be translated into English by recognised translators. Please also note French Town halls, including in New Caledonia and in Wallis-and-Futuna, issue multilingual documents and that some may require an Apostille from French authorities (the French Courts of Appeal in the area in which the French town hall is located can issue Apostilles). Please check with our office if your documents require an Apostille.


Important links and further information

AusPassport Account – Australian Passports website advice and troubleshooting guide

Passport process explained and Frequently Asked Questions

Quick guide to applying for a passport overseas

Applying for a child passport

Photo requirements

Lost or Stolen passport

Acceptable identification documents for adult PC8 applications

List of approved Guarantors (if non-Australians and for use with Form PC8 only)

B 11 - General declaration by passport applicant

Credit card deduction authority form for adult renewal mailed-in applications

Checkilist for adult renewal mailed-in applications

Births, Deaths and Marriages Registrar in Australia

Consular Notarial and Passports Services - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Translation Services in Australia, New Caledonia and Wallis-and-Futuna (

For further information and appointments

Please contact us on +687 27 01 20 or by email at [email protected] for further advice, including on emergency passports or mailed-in adult applications, and to make an appointment as required.


Please note the Australian Consulate-General does not manage enquiries relating to visas, immigration-citizenship or entry-exit requirements to AustraliaNew Caledonia or Wallis-and-Futuna, or Canada and we are unable to escalate applications or issues with the authorities in Australia, New Caledonia or Wallis-and-Futuna, or Canada.