Australian Consulate-General
Noumea, New Caledonia
French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna


Translation Services in New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Australia

Documents written in a language other than English required for passport applications (or other formal applications) must be translated into English by a sworn translator.

French Town halls, including in New Caledonia and French Polynesia issue multilingual certificates.

Please Note: in providing the links below, neither the Australian Government, nor the Consulate-General can accept any responsibility whatsoever for the competence or otherwise of any of the organisations mentioned below.

List of sworn translators for Australia, New Caledonia and French Polynesia can be found on the following websites:

- Australian National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters
- Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators

- Noumea Court of Appeal
- Papeete Court of Appeal and STI (Service de la traduction et de l'interprétariat - Translation and Interpretation Service of French Polynesia)

Additional names can be obtained from:

- The telephone directories in New Caledonia and French Polynesia
- The French Courts of Appeal